JET Blog Up and Running! Going back to Japan at Last!

So, my original idea was to start this blog in October when I first applied for the JET Program, but…I didn’t actually think I would make it. Thus, I held off on making one.

Low and Behold!

I was emailed a couple of weeks ago informing me that I was short listed! And those of you who are familiar with the JET Program know this is AMAZING news. Those who aren’t….it’s AMAZING news. Basically, you have a 99% chance of getting placement with a contracting organization. That small 1% is left there for the very, very unlikely instance if you can’t be placed (usually due to medical or personal reasons). But your chances are still up there!

I initially found out from a friend who heard from her friend in Texas he had been given his results; that was March 30th. I spent the entire day pacing my room wondering if I would be emailed as well. Soon Twitter and Facebook were abuzz with acceptances and a small inkling of dread set in: what if I was a rejection and they announced those last? I didn’t sleep that night if that’s any indication to my anxiety.

On March 31st, I hoped to hear from my consular and barely focused all day. Normally at work, I’m very chipper and talkative, but that day…quiet as a freaking mouse. Robot mode all day and when I had given up hope on hearing about my acceptance, I got the email.

I didn’t even read it; I just saw who it was from, ran to the bathroom and tried to calm myself down before reading it on my phone. I saw two words: Accepted and Short Listed. Needless to say, I didn’t actually read the entire email until about 15 minutes after I stopped crying from happiness.

Now, you may be thinking, “Wow, she cried over an email? Weeeeak!” Well, when you’re pouring your heart and soul and passion into something that you want this badly, you kinda get the right to cry. Believe me, you’ll get that feeling some day.

So now, the waiting game begins…again.I sent in my Official Reply last week and sent out for my US Residency Certificate as well as my FBI background check. Just sent out my Certificate of Health today; so now all I have to do is wait for the email informing me of my placement!

Advertisements

About mandipanda13

I love Visual Kei and almost everything about Japan! If you're wondering what the small percentage of dislike is consisted of I'll sum it up in a few short words: COCKROACHES AND HUMIDITY. Alaska has neither of them; hence, no likey.
This entry was posted in JET Program and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s